I’ve been using Event Espresso for about 9 months now, hosting multiple events concurrently and I have to say, it’s been a great event management plugin.
The free version is very limited in functionality and is only recommended for one-time events. The free version comes with the PayPal gateway and IPN pre-installed. If you need more features or plan on holding more than one event, you should upgrade to the basic version of Event Espresso. Read more: Lite (Free) | Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration and Manager Plugin
You can manage events fully with the free version of the plugin, but the paid version adds better support and many features which you may want to customize.
- Customize your registration pages, questions and design
- Manage your events, dates, times, prices, etc.
- Manage your attendees and maintain control of your attendee data
- Design your events with the WYSIWYG editor
- Accept registration fees via PayPal or Authorize.net payment gateways
- Manage the pricing strategy for your events with early bird pricing, promotional pricing, percentage and dollar amount discounts, and discount codes
- Invoice registrants who have not paid or not paid in full
- Automated registration and payment confirmation emails
- Manage and update attendee profiles to keep customer records up-to-date
- and more!
In my using the plugin, the best part has been the support. I’m not the best “coder” in the world and sometimes I get stuck. The plugin Author Seth has answered my questions quickly, usually within a matter of hours. That kind of service and support is hard to beat these days.
If you’re in the market for an event management solution, this is one you should highly consider.
*Disclaimer, links to this plugin are affiliate links which support this site. Mahalo!