We take the proverb, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” to heart.
If your website is hacked, your sales will plummet, your reputation is scarred, and it’s just bad business. So we start off every website with great security measures in place.
Here are some of the security features in every website project:
- Brute Force Protection– Limit the number of failed login attempts allowed per user. If someone is trying to guess your password, they’ll get locked out after a few tries. You can even whitelist your own IP, so you’re allowed more login attempts.
- File Change Detection– If someone manages to get into your site, they’ll probably add, remove or change a file. Get email alerts showing any file changes so you know if you’ve been hacked.
- Advanced Server Protection– We guard your server with some specific firewall settings to protect your website and server.
- Strong Password Enforcement– Set which level of users on your site (admins, editors, users, etc.) need to have strong passwords. This is one of the best ways to secure your site.
- Lock Out Bad Users– Keep bad users away from your site if they have too many failed login attempts, a lot of 404 errors or if they’re on a bot blacklist.
- Malware Scanning– Setup a malware scanning account and schedule regular checks for malware.
- 2-Factor Authentication– Strong passwords not enough? Use 2-Factor Authentication to send a custom code to your phone when you log in. This extra layer of protection verifies it’s you logging in (and not someone who guessed your password).
We also recommend Web Hosting that specializes in WordPress Security. Some of our favorites are:
- Lightning Base- A very fast, secure webhost, also where we host many of our personal websites.
- SiteGround- When you want to host multiple websites, this is an amazing web host.
- WP Engine
Didn’t start your website with us? We can still implement these security measures on your existing website. Just contact us for a quote.