Yes, it seems like there’s a new version of WordPress software every few months. That’s because there is. WordPress now runs more than 20% of all websites on the internet! That’s an amazing number of websites.
And because WordPress is so popular, they want to keep innovating and improving.
Here’s a quick 2 minute video on what’s new:
Here are a couple of my tips and suggestions when working with WordPress 4.0:
1. Add More Media to Your Posts
Now that you can have a live preview of videos, images, and other media that you add to your posts, add some multimedia pizzaz with your posts.
2. How to Find A Good Plugin
The new Plugin Browser is very informational. Here’s what I look for when searching for a new plugin:
- Is it compatible with my version of WordPress?
- When was the plugin last updated? A recent updates means bug fixes, and a solid plugin.
- How popular is it? Are there more than 10,000 people using it?
- How do the users rate the plugin? 4+ stars usually means you have a pretty good plugin.
- Who made the plugin? The author is the final piece I look at. This might not mean much to a normal person, but there are several excellent developers that make exceptional plugins and when I see their name, I always choose their plugins above other highly rated plugins because of who they are.
WordPress and therefore your website keeps getting better and better. Take a moment to login to your website and browse the new features. You’ll probably like what you see so much that you’ll just want to publish an article or two.