What is a Site Review?
Our site review team will go through your site with a fine toothed comb and check for the following places to improve. We will NOT make any changes to your website. We are simply evaluating what you have. If you like our recommendations, we would be happy for you to hire us to implement as many changes as you would like. But our goal is to make the evaluation and recommendations simple enough so that you can take care of them yourself should you choose to do so.
Here’s what we evaluate:
- Does your site have malware? (You’d be surprised at how deceptive some malware is to detect)
- Do you have an SSL setup?
- What is your Website setup like?
- Who is your host? And how good are they are WordPress?
- Can your host handle a traffic spike?
- Are you making updates to your website?
- Are you using high quality themes and plugins?
- Do you have any security measures in place (Antivirus, Firewalls, AntiSpam, etc)?
- What kind of Backup strategy do you have in place?
- How fast does your site load?
- Is your database cluttered or optimized?
- Are you leveraging caching to improve speed?
- Are you using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) or is your website served from one location?
- Are the images in your website optimized?
- What are your SEO practices?
- Do you have Google Analytics installed?
- Are you connected to Google Search Console?
- What are your Local SEO practices?
- How are you integrating Social Media?
- When was your last article published to your site?
Please don’t be fooled. A lot of people can do basic WordPress. But most don’t take the time to study WordPress in depth. If you hired someone to put together a website for you, they should have considered many of these things when they setup the website.
Benefits of Our Site Reviews:
In a recent site review, we were hired to improve a client’s website which was designed and coded in the Philippines. We did our thorough review, made one change, and the client’s site went from loading in 6 seconds down to 1.4 seconds. We cut the loading time of another one of our clients in Canada by about 50%, her site was loading in 3.53 seconds (not bad) and cut that down to 1.79 seconds. We can get most sites to load in under 2 seconds!
Another site, this one for a prominent church in our area, was put together by a good web design company. But while the design was good, they didn’t optimize WordPress at all. And their site was really slow and ended up crashing because of their webhost and some low quality plugins. We helped them review their website and get things back in order.
Every Site is different, but we believe we can make at least 5 solid recommendations to dramatically improve your website or we will refund your payment for the Site Evaluation.