At this Meetup, we talked about Jetpack.
Jetpack does so many things, people think it will just slow down your website. That may have been true years ago. But the plugin has gone through some major revisions. Now, the plugin has several features that speed up websites greatly. Here are some of my favorite features of Jetpack.
What is Jetpack?
- Suite of 40+ mini plugins
- Made by Automatic, makers of WordPress
- Mostly Free, some Premium Features
- Breaking News: WooCommerce will integrate some functions with Jetpack.
- Comments- the best commenting system for WordPress with Facebook and Twitter login
- Related post- This is the fastest Related Post plugin because Jetpack processes post data on the WordPress servers
- Protect- Security protection for your website and business reputation
- Login protection- Protection against brute force password attacks.
- Two factor and Single Sign On- Enterprise level features for free.
- Publicize- promote your content as widely as possible.
- Autopost to social- Cross promotion of your posts to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Linked In and more.
- Photon- A Content Delivery Network (CDN) for your images. It’s free and fast!
- Custom CSS- Easily customize your website with CSS code.
- Enhanced disribution
- Single sign on
- Backups ($5/mo)
- Wp.com tools
- Beautiful math (latex)
- Contact forms
- Custom content types
- Extra sidebar widgets
- Gravatar hovercards
- Infinite scroll
- Json api
- Mobile theme
- Post by email
- Shortcode embeds
- Site verification
- Spelling and grammer
- Tiled galleries
- Wp.me shortlinks
- Widget visibility