Reason #1- Identity
If you are a small business, you know that in today’s business world you need an online presence. And more than a Facebook Page, you need a place to promote some of your content and establish your business identity.
Beyond business, families can also benefit from a Personal Website. Here are some ideas:
- Family Reunion
- Wedding Registry
- Photo Galleries
- Online Recipe Book
- Personal Blog
- Online Portfolio
- Highlight Your Hobby
- Endless Possibilities
Reason #2- Control Your Content
Sure, there are many online services where you can feature your content online. But with those services, you don’t control the content.
- What if the company who started a “Free Online Service” now wants to charge?
- What if the company decides to stop the service? How do you get your content back?
- What rights to your content does the Online Service get? Can they use your content for their purposes? Did you really read those Terms of Service?
Companies are always changing and evolving. How many online services have Google and Yahoo launched only to end the project after a few short years. You want to control your content!
Reason #3- WordPress Makes it Easy
If you can use Microsoft Word, you can update and maintain your website. WordPress is that simple.
- Blogging is as easy as creating a Word Document
- Edit your website like you edit documents in Word
- Drag and Drop pictures to create photo galleries and slideshows
- More advanced features available